Wednesday 25 February 2015

Big changes ahead....

Today I am feeling very grateful for having a good man in my life, and even more grateful that said good man doesn't start his new job until next week. Yesterday I got back to my morning workouts after having a couple days off over the weekend as I wasn't feeling well. I guess I must have overdone it because today I can barely move. I seem to have pulled something in my back and im in absolute agony. On top of that little M decided he was going to go back to his 4.30am wake up habit and although I finally got him back over to sleep around 6am I am absolutely exhausted. So having hubby around today to help out with the kids and general things around the house is amazing.  Last year thanks to the joys of the RAF and his exit date being pushed back, a couple of months of living apart turned into a whole year of him working 400 miles away and only being home when he had leave or on occasional weekends. So actually being able to just have someone around to help out when im feeling like this is such a treat. Normally its a case of just shut up and get on with it. He has been home with us for a couple of months now and its been so lovely having him around, the boys have absolutely loved it.  E has especially loved having daddy taking him to and from nursery and hubby has enjoyed the novelty of being able to do such a simple task that many of us take for granted.

It is on a day like today that I am sharply reminded of the fact that on Monday reality will hit us all with a bang as hubby starts his new job. It will be a case of straight back in at the deep end as his first week means he will be away for the entire week training. This new job is also going to bring some big changes for us all. We will be moving away from the sleepy little town where we live quite literally across the road from my parents. We will be moving to a larger town than where we live now, close to the city. I can't tell you how excited I am about not having to do a 1 hour drive (and then the same back again) to just get new shoes for my children! I am trying not to get too excited about the prospect of having better shops nearby and being closer to civilisation in general though, as before I can go shopping and get settled into a new routine there is a ridiculously long list of things to do in preparation for the move.

I already got the ball rolling last week by calling around schools in the area we are looking at to find out if any of the school nurseries have places. Thankfully quite a few of them do. Today I called around some estate agents and arranged some house viewings and then arranged some viewings at the nurseries who have places and that are closest to the properties we are viewing. We have been very honest with our 3 year old about the move and I have to say im really proud of how grown up he is being about it all so far. We asked him if he would like to come view the nurseries with us and of course he does so we will take him with us and hopefully seeing first hand what he will be going to will make leaving his current nursery a lot easier. He says "I will miss my nursery friends, but I will make brand new friends!" I do love how 3 year olds have the ability to see the positive in everything. Hoping it will make this whole process a lot easier. He loves his current nursery/school as do we, its also the school I myself attended so will be a bit of a change for both of us.

So im a big mixed bag of anxiety and excitement. We shall see what Friday brings. Hopefully we will find a house we like and we will be one step closer to our new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment